Union, WA on Hood Canal
Our Resort on Hood Canal is located in a prime area of Washington State which is known for a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities. It is heaven for the outdoor enthusiast. Boating, water skiing, hiking, bicycling, fishing, and swimming are just a few of the activities to start with.
Just next door is the Alderbrook Resort which houses a world class spa, excellent restaurant, and the finest 18-hole golf course. Alderbrook also has a marina, tour boats, kayak rentals and a variety of activities to tempt you.
The hiking in Olympic National Park is extraordinary. Tahuya, Belfair and Twanoh state parks all offer spectacular Hood Canal beaches and activities. There are also numerous other state and local parks, where you can get out and enjoy nature in a variety of settings.
Local amenities include small shopping stores in Union, kayak rentals and restaurants. Area amenities include fine restaurants, shopping and services in nearby Belfair, Shelton, or Hoodsport. You’ll also find antique shops and art galleries, produce markets and ecological tours in the area. Hoodsport Winery and quaint downtown Poulsbo are favorite day trips.
Things to Do:
Here are just a few things to do while at Blue Heron.
- Go boating and explore Hood Canal.
- Relax in your unit and catch up on some reading.
- Have some friends visit for a barbecue.
- Take a dip in our pool or hot tub.
- Play pool or ping-pong in the community room.
- Play a set of tennis.
- Head to the water to catch dinner (crab, fish, oysters, and mussels-yum!)
- Enjoy a quiet evening in front of a fire.
These links give you an idea of some of the many activities available during Our Condo Units on Hood Canal.
- Explore Hood Canal: All about Hood Canal. Dining, Things To Do, Events, and more
- Alderbrook Golf and Yacht Club: Located just a half mile from the Blue Heron.
- Hoodsport Winery: Visit this award-winning winery just minutes away.
- Hunter Farms: Visit Hunter Farms with the family.